Change of season is a wonderful time to cleanse – and it’s supported by nature!
1. Eat plenty of fibre, non processed foods, fruit and veggies. Green, green, green.
A favourite is GREEN POWER… HOW: Blend 1 cup of apple juice, a handful of cut parsley, half an apple or pear, 3 dates and a teaspoon of “vital Greens” powder or equivalent. Energy giving, slimming, and great for your inner and outer health.
2. Cleanse and detox the liver by taking such herbs as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle and drinking green tea.
3. Make sure you keep up your Vitamin C intake. Fresh squeezed orange juice helps the body produce glutathione, a live compound which drives away toxins.
4. Drink at least two litres of water per day.
5. Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more fully in the body.
Take slow, deep belly breaths… in through the nose – belly fills up (this is actually the diaphragm pulling down and encouraging the air to fill the lower lungs)… and then allow the ribs and finally the chest to fill… then a slow out breath as the chest, ribs then belly retreat…
6. Transform your stress by emphasizing positive emotions… perhaps start journalling a Gratitude Diary – 5 things you are grateful for every single day…
7. Practice hydrotherapy > Hot shower for 5 minutes followed by a cold shower for 5 minutes followed by a nanna nap – no matter when you do it in the day.
8. Sweat in a sauna or steam room to get rid of waste through perspiration.
9. Dry brush your body before you shower to get rid of dry skin cells.
10. What is the most important way to detox? Exercise of course – IN PARTICULAR YOGA.
If not yoga, then WALKING for one hour every day (and not to the washing line and back).
Allow the season to assist you towards optimal health… eat seasonal foods… nurture your body… rest & allow Nature to work its magic with your allowance rather than fighting against it.
You will reap the rewards!